November 13, 2008

No, Not Dead

I have been seriously MIA for a couple months now, and for that, I apologize to my imaginary readers. Not only have I been MIA, but I have been a POW as well. And by 'W' I mean 'my mindbrain'. For many, varied and unusual reasons, I have not felt able or up to blogging lately - I wish it were not so, but maybe part of the reason is that I feel as though my blog has yet to find its identity. There is no unifying theme except for my whimsical ramblings, and that is not only failing to attract readership beyond my close family and friends, but it is minimally inspiring to me.

That being said, I do read a lot of blogs, all far more prolific than my own, and that does provide some degree of inspiration...mostly in the form of me wishing I had a cool blog that lots of random people were able to find and comment on and tell me how cool I am.

For now, I chalk it up to a case of changing interests - the randomness of this blog reflects the randomness of my life right now, which is something I'm working on changing. I'm excited about that. Once my master plan takes effect, I think I'll have more to work with.

Current inspiration: food blogs
Favorites: http://www.noshtopia.com/ and http://sweeteats.wordpress.com/
These chicks know what they're doin' - you'll never look at oatmeal the same way again.

Speaking of noteworthy chicks, my sister had her birfday yesterday! Happy birthday Lane!

0 comments: