January 24, 2009

Words to Live By

My February issue of SELF Magazine arrived the other day, and ever since I read it, I have been repeating these words over and over to myself, like a mantra:
"Life is too rich, interesting and short to waste on hating your body."

While I'm not positive I agree with all 10 ways to know you're at your happy weight, I think the above bit of wisdom is worth remembering, because everyone has had days where they don't like what they see in the mirror. But hey, you could look like this:

(Busted! I know I recycled this image from my post about the Mermaid Parade in June, but I'd say it bears repeating.)

So take that mantra and tuck it in your back pocket for safekeeping. If you're ever having a hatey moment, reach in and remember it's there for you. It may or may not help, but if nothing else you'll get a few extra pats on the ass every day.

UPDATE: For some interesting thoughts on the Jenna Fischer cover story in this month's SELF, head over to Big Fat Deal. Why indeed are two of the biggest cover headlines "Love Your Body Secrets" and "Lose Inches All Over"???

0 comments: